Quote of the Week

"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library."
Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Life As We Knew It

Last night I finished Life As We Knew It.  And I must say it was pretty good.  The entire book is written through journal entries of the main character.  It think that's what made the book feel so real at times.  It almost felt like the story was happening to me instead of being fiction.  That could just be because in my sci-fi mind I'm always thinking of disasters in which I will have to live in a situation just like this one.  (Hopefully not as long.)  I would recommend picking this one up for a bit of entertaining reading.  While I'm not sure the actual catastrophe would actually ever happen, the stories about the people were excellent.

No comments: