Quote of the Week

"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library."
Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)

Monday, October 25, 2010

I Actually Finished It!

I've never been able to finish a Nicholas Sparks book before now.  They all are great stories but I feel that they've been translated better into film and therefore can't get myself to finish one of his books.  I got about halfway through the Notebook and a couple of chapters into Dear John.  Needless to say I was giving up on the ever sad tales of Nicholas Sparks.  Now I'm in a book club with some ladies in my neighborhood and guess what book was chosen as our second?  You guessed it (probably because of the picture) Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks.  I fully expected it to be difficult to finish like the others but I was trying to think of it as a great love story and find things useful to talk about at our next book club meeting.  Not only did I finish this one, but I didn't want to put it down!  It was so exciting!  While certain situations are not ones that I would ever wish upon anyone for any reason, it was told so well.  I don't always love the way he writes but this story is done very well and the characters seemed quite real to me, especially Katie.  This book was good and if you are looking for a love story with action that will get your heart racing, check this one out!

No comments: