Quote of the Week

"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library."
Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)

Friday, July 15, 2011

Passion

While I did not get any writing done on this most recent camping trip, I did find lots of reading time.  Thusly, I finished Passion by Lauren Kate.

This is the story in the series I've been waiting to read from the very beginning.  If you have read any of the books in this series you know that Daniel and Luce have been cursed to never be together.  All the while Daniel remembers every life and every death Luce has endured.  And each time they come together their love grows stronger.  In this, the third book in the series, Luce has found a way to view many significant past lives with Daniel.  Each time she witnesses her past life she learns a little more about how deep their love is and learns to love Daniel even more.

I quite enjoyed this book.  After itching to find out more about their past lives together I finally got to read an entire book about it!  There was a time that I started to worry about the structure of the book because it seemed to just be about life after life and nothing else.  While I thoroughly enjoyed each story and life they shared together, I wondered if it would become too monotonous.  However, I felt Lauren Kate actually handled it pretty well.  There was plenty else involved in the story and all the while an underlying current of suspense that the reader just can't seem to pinpoint.  Not to mention, who doesn't love a collage of love stories all in one book?

If you are a fan of the Fallen series (as I know many of you are) this will be the book you've been waiting for!

No comments: