Quote of the Week

"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library."
Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)

Friday, January 20, 2012

Clockwork Prince

I have just finished a book that reminded me why I stay up all night reading and still wake up in the morning happy and energized.  I guess I didn't realize how long it had been since I read a book that make me feel like this one did.  This may be mildly pathetic, but I haven't even been able to start a new book yet because I want to just revel in my let-down after this book.  In case you haven't noticed, I LOVED it!

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare is riveting.  Every little scene she writes has a significant meaning and this character driven sequel weaves into the story beautifully and without pause.  Tessa is still learning about the world of Shadowhunters.  They do things so differently than the rest of the world.  Danger lurks around every corner and sometimes even her dreams are not safe.  One thing that haunts her is the fact that she still doesn't know what she is or what Mortmain wants with her.  Will still continues to push her away in his dark and mysterious attitude, but sometimes he show Tessa a tenderness that makes her believe he's not who he appears to be.  She and Jem are building a lasting friendship that could turn out to be more serious than she imagined.

I hope you all take the time to pick up this book, and more importantly, the series.  Not only are the covers of her books stunning, but Cassandra Clare has brought the world some excellent fiction that I just can't get enough of.  I laughed out loud, I cried, and I was incredibly sad when I realized I was on the last chapter.  I wanted more!  The final book in the Infernal Devices series comes out November/December and I'm so excited!

Loves!

No comments: