Quote of the Week

"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library."
Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Trick of the "Mega Roll"

Some of you may be wondering why I titled my blog Ramblings of a Scribbled Mind.  Then again, it's possible some of you don't give a hoot.  I realized just today that I never really post about what's on my mind, though the title of this blog would suggest such posts.  So, today, I'm going to give you a small taste of what actually goes on in this obscure brain of mine.

About a year ago, I realized the toilet paper rolls were getting skinnier.  Suddenly I could see the ugly, faded TP holder on each side of the unbalanced roll.  I call it unbalanced because they claim it's a "mega roll" but in fact, it's probably about as much toilet paper as it ever was.  You may have greater length, but you have skinny squares.  You probably can't even call them squares any more!  They're long and skinny.  Is this just another reminder that my butt better not get any wider?  Thanks Charmin...Quilted Northern...I needed that.

So, yes, this was about a year ago that I first discovered the skinny roll.  Just the other day, my brother and I went to pick up some more toilet paper because the stuff we have in emergency storage should be used for only that...emergencies...it's just plain bad.  I picked up the large package of toilet paper at the store and saw the same skinny rolls, but even more "mega!"  What?  Now they really don't fit on the holder.  I have to use some of the roll before it will even fit between the holder and the wall, and then once it fits that way, it's definitely not wide enough.  It looks pretty bad.  I see no solution other than buying a holder that won't show this oddity.  I have to believe they exist.

So, dear readers, you may not care that things like this go on in my mind.  Nevertheless, I feel better now posting this into the great wide open.  May your rolls be wide and your squares a square.

No comments: