Quote of the Week

"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library."
Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Christmas Jars

There's something about the upcoming holidays that brings out the very best in people.  Thanksgiving helps us realize how much we've been given and been blessed with.  With a heart so full of gratitude it's hard not to share.  And what happens during Christmastime?  A lot of sharing and giving.

For my book club this month our book is Christmas Jars.  I just finished reading it, and that's probably a good idea since our meeting is tonight.  (You could read it in one sitting. ;) It's one of those stories that lifts your heart and makes you want to give a "Christmas Jar" of your own.  This story shows that no small act of kindness goes unnoticed.  I don't want to say too much about it.  Just know that I sat here at work attempting to hold back tears and wasn't very successful.  If you are looking for a good Christmas book to get you into the spirit of giving, I recommend this one. 

No comments: