Quote of the Week

"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library."
Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Death Cure

While I love to finish a trilogy it's still always bittersweet.  You (or at least I) wait a year for each book to hit the shelves, hoping it will be better than the last and, you read the books so fast because you're already attached to the characters and you devour it and forget to savor.  I ate this book up just like I did the previous two.

As it says on the back of this last book, "The time for lies is over."  After Thomas has endured the maze and the scorch he didn't know how much worse it could get.  Now he's out in the real world and he's not the only one who wants to bring WICKED down.  He and his fellow Gladers are through with the torture and the death these people have put them through and there has to be a way to stop them.  Will he find it?  Or will he have to endure yet another game?  I'll leave that up to you to find out.

This trilogy keeps you reading and not want to put the books down.  Filled with adventure and mystery and real-life emotion.  Let me know what you think of it.  Personally, I really liked this trilogy.  It didn't end quite how I hoped it would, but I'm not saying it was bad.  Just different than I expected.  This last book was also a bit sad.  With a story like this one there is bound to be a bit of sadness, but overall, it was really good.  I recommend The Maze Runner trilogy by James Dashner.  I hope you enjoy it too!

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

Italia said...

I CANT WAIT the book is soooo confusing i have sooo many questions this trilogy is #1 best book i have ever read man vert good i recomened thhis book to anyone.