Quote of the Week

"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library."
Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)

Monday, July 19, 2010

Finally!!

I have finally read a book after my own heart!  Well, at least in one political aspect of my life.  It is possible that this post may a offend several of you out there but... I'm saying it anyway.  Ever since my English 2010 class a couple of years ago when Global Warming was shoved down my throat by my professor I've had a really bad taste in my mouth for said political agenda.  In order to get a good grade on my final paper guess what I did.  Yes!  I wrote my final persuasive paper promoting/arguing for Global Warming.  She must have bought into all the lies and sarcasm I was selling because I received an excellent grade!  There was nothing in all of the months of research I did that could convince me that Global Warming was actually happening.  Absolutely nothing!  So, what does all of that have to do with this book?  I'll tell you.  This book is a work of fiction, but I've never read a work of fiction that had a 50 page bibliography to go with it.  Needless to say I had no idea what this book was going to be about before my brother handed it to me to read.  Though it is fiction, it has so much research embedded into its pages and its wonderful.
A group of left wing Global Warming supporters are having trouble getting the public to believe that their political agenda actually exists.  So what's the only thing that can be done?  Create events to convince them.  Sure lives will be lost, but that's a small price to pay for the sake of the Earth... right?  Enter Peter Evans.  In the beginning he is a believer until he meets a mysterious man that throws everything he believes out the window and has scientific evidence to prove it!  The story keeps evolving and things get more and more exciting and complex.  This is a book that really makes you think about who's running the show when it comes to Global Warming and even other political topics.  I recommend this book, even if you do believe that Global Warming is a problem because the story-telling is pretty good and keeps you at the edge of your seat.

No comments: