Quote of the Week

"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library."
Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Success!

I am extremely happy to report that my first official working day was a complete success.  All I had to do was simply start writing.  I just need to stop being afraid of what will happen if it doesn't turn out perfectly to start out with.  Writing is re-writing, and that's okay.  So, here I am, throwing my perfectionist side out the window.  I'm going to stop trying to create the perfect characters and write them how a person is meant to be written, human.  Even though I call them working days, writing should be fun.  Let working day #2 commence!

2 comments:

Jernae said...

Yay for you! I love when I get time to write too:)

Natalie Hardman said...

Nice work Mal! I hope every work day you have is a total success!