Quote of the Week

"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library."
Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Inspiration


Today, I would like to give a shout out to the music that inspires us all.  If it weren't for the right song at just the right time I don't think I would get much of anything accomplished.  Few ideas would float into my head, I would have fewer triggers to remember a good moment, and I know I would not enjoy life to the fullest.  If it weren't for Paramore's song "Brick by Boring Brick," I don't know that I would've been able to write the piece of my story titled Butterfly Paints, because it reminded me of a childhood memory that suddenly was transformed into a story.  Kelly Clarkson's "Whyyawannabringmedown" was the inspiration for the novel I happen to be working on right now.  That song started a film in my brain and I had to put it to paper.  It was knocking on my brain so hard that I couldn't ignore it and every time I hear it I write another piece to my story.  Sometimes my brother will start randomly writing a song and it will trigger something.  Today, Sia was very inspirational.  It set the mood for what I was writing and I just kept flying through the words and loving every second of it.  There are so many others that I would like to thank and there is so much more I would like to say regarding the inspiration of music but I'd be here all day.  To sum up, music is art, art is a story and a story is what makes us who we are.

No comments: